Our members are sick of being surveyed so they can be told how stressed they are!
The UNISON 2017 AGM voted unanimously for our branch to develop a stress action plan: let’s not just talk about stress, let’s do something about it!
There are several measures that could be implemented to make our lives a lot less stressful at London Met. Initial examples include:
- More annual leave for PSD staff – we expect parity with our academic colleagues at the very least.
- Survey management to improve relations with staff identify training needs.
- Implement a workload policy for PSD staff
- Provide a staff common room in every building
- Provide guidance on student behaviour i.e. process for making complaints against aggressive/abusive students.
- Provide an annual all staff social event – i.e. bring back the staff ball!
- Give staff free gym memberships – Only limit availability to first come, first served if cost is an issue
- Staff development activities – i.e. provide fee waivers for staff to complete academic courses.
Time to stop talking and take action
Please send your suggestions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org